Nuts are an amazing source of fat, fibre and most importantly for hair protein.
Most are high in omega 3 and 6, magnesium and Vitamin E. Due to the anti-inflammatory nature of omega 3 in particular, nuts are useful in helping to prevent metabolic disease too such as high blood pressure and elevated bad cholesterols.
- Almonds 28g (these can particularly help balance blood sugars) 161 Kcals, 14g fat, 6g protein, 35g fibre.
- Brazils 28g (high source of selenium which is important to hair formation) 182 Kcals, 18g Fat, 4g protein, 2g Fibre
- Cashew 28g (great anti-oxidant) 155 kcals, 12g fat, 5g protein, 1g fibre
- Peacan 28g (can lower bad LDL cholesterol) 193kcals, 20g fat, 3g protein, 2,5g fibre
- Hazelnuts 28g (have beneficial results on heart disease risk factors) 176 kcals, 9g fat, 6g Protein, 3.5g fibre